Visa Services

F-1 Visa

The F-1 visa is a non-immigrant, full-time student visa which allows international students to pursue their education in the United States. After the applicant submits the required application materials and is accepted to one of our programs, the International Extension Programs will issue the I-20 form.

F-1 visas are issued on the basis of full-time study.

visa req

Maintaining Full-time Status

English Language Program Academic Pathway Program Study Abroad Program
Attend all ELP classes Must be enrolled in at least 12 units each quarter Must be enrolled in at least 12 units each quarter
Students must also make satisfactory academic progress in order to maintain full-time status.

Change of Nonimmigrant Status

A Change of Nonimmigrant Status can be processed inside or outside of the U.S. There are two options for gaining a new nonimmigrant status.

Inside the U.S. Outside the U.S.
  • Process takes approximately 5 months to be approved
  • Must remain in the U.S. on a valid F-2 or B-1/B-2 visa
  • Current F-2 visa holders may only study part time while their application is pending
  • Current B-1/B-2 visa holders cannot study while their application is pending
  • Quicker process
  • Obtain F-1/F-2 visa status immediately (depending upon the processing time in the Embassy/Consulate)

For more information, please contact 909-537-5978 to schedule an appointment with the immigration advisor.