The Study in the USA Program is designed for international university students to attend California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB), for one term up to one year without admission. Students may select from a variety of CSUSB courses that may be transferred to their home university.
Who should apply?
- Students who want to examine a particular field of study before seeking admission to a degree program at the university
- Students visiting from overseas who want to take university courses, but do not want to obtain a degree from CSUSB
- Students who want to improve their GPA to re-enter an academic program at CSUSB or another university
- Students who want to take courses not offered at their current university
Undergraduate academic courses are accessible on a space-available basis. Academic advising is required each term to help students select their appropriate courses.
Some courses may require prerequisites to be completed prior to registering for that particular course. The prerequisites and class descriptions can be viewed on the CSUSB Catalog.
In addition to any course restrictions listed in the CSUSB Schedule of Courses, the following courses have restricted access: MATH 75a, 75b, 75c, 80, 90, 110, 115, 120, 192, and 211 and ENGLISH 102a, 102b, 103a, 103b, 104, 105, 106 and 107 require authorization from the CSUSB Advising Center (UH 380) prior to registration. Some students may be required to take the EPT/ELM tests before registering for these courses. Contact the Advising Center at (909) 537-5034 for additional information.
This program is intended for students who satisfy the English language proficiency requirement. Any of the following minimum test scores will be accepted as proof of language proficiency. The official copy must be presented to CE-356 upon arrival to the CSUSB campus for validation.
(6 week sessions available during summer)
Up to one academic year of university study (three terms) to:
- Transfer to home university
- Examine particular field before seeking admission
- Improve GPA to enter/re-enter a degree program
Earn academic credit at CSUSB
36 units (undergrad)/12 units (grad) may be transferred to a degree program at CSUSB
$3,400 (12 units)
|CSUSB ELP||Level 5||Level 6|
|TOEFL Internet Based (iBT)||61||79|
|TOEFL Paper Based (PBT)||500||550|
|DAAD||DAAD All from Level A or all from Level B, or a combination of Level A and B only||N/A|
|Other||Completed 60 semester units, including English Composition with a “C” or better||N/A|
|Attended schools where English is the principal language of instruction for at least 3 years of full-time enrollment||N/A|