It depends. If you want to become a full-time student, you should apply for admission to the university. However, during the admission process you may enroll in one or more University courses through the Open University program.

Yes. A maximum of 36 units through Open University can be applied toward a bachelor's degree and 13 units toward a master's degree (subject to approval by the applicable academic department.)

Yes. Open University enables you to enroll even if you have previously been disqualified. The grades earned through the Open University program may help you raise your grade point average.

Yes, you just need a letter of permission from your home school.

Most courses published in the quarterly CSUSB Schedule of Classes are available to you through the Open University program if space is available; however, you must have completed the necessary prerequisites, if applicable, and receive the consent of the instructor. Refer to the University Bulletin for identification of prerequisites.

The College of Extended and Global Education does not maintain waiting lists. Please check with the department responsible for the course for further information.

Permanent records are kept in the CSUSB Records, Registration & Evaluation office. You may obtain a copy of your transcript from that office for a nominal fee. Unofficial grade mailers are available upon request.

No. Full payment is required at the time of registration.

In most cases, yes. However, please call the College of Extended and Global Education at (909) 537-5975.

A library card will be issued upon payment of course fees. (This card will expire at the conclusion of the quarter enrolled.) Many activities are available to you as an Open University student at little or no charge. No health services are available.