Choosing Sponsoring Facilities
- The ISPP Program Coordinator will take full responsibility to schedule the rotation sites for the local interns.
- However, distance/remote interns will need to take the responsibility of designing their own rotations and securing the rotation sites with the approval of the ISPP Program Coordinator and the prospective facilities. The rotation sites must be approved by the ISPP Program Coordinator and she will work with the interns to modify the sites, if needed; and to establish the site agreement between CSUSB and the rotation site. The ISPP Program Manager and Program Coordinator will work with the sites and CSUSB to establish the site agreement.
To find and secure rotation sites, Interns are advised to use some or all of the following:
- Use the suggested rotation schedule as their guide to formulate/develop their rotations.
- Attend/participate in local district and state Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics meeting to network with registered dietitians in their area in order to secure rotations.
- Ask their DPD program directors to assist and secure the internship preceptors and rotations.
Requirements for Preceptors and Rotation sites:
- When the remote/distance interns find possible rotation sites, the ISPP Program Manager will send the CSUSB ISPP affiliation agreement template to the prospective preceptors. The ISPP Program Manager will also help to obtain signature from CSUSB purchasing department to complete the affiliation agreement and certificate of liability insurance (Appendix 8.1d)
- Once the site is secured, interns are asked to start the process of affiliation agreement since it may take months to have the agreement signed by both parties.
- ISPP Program Coordinator will send the "preceptor qualification form" to interns so that the prospective preceptors can complete it and return to ISPP Program Coordinator to assess preceptor’s qualifications.
- Preceptors are encouraged to join AND/NDEP membership and submit the receipts to ISPP Program Coordinator for reimbursement.
- The ISPP Program Coordinator sends the preceptor handbook to all preceptors as a guide prior to the start of interns rotations
- The ISPP Program Coordinator/DPD program director are available to all local and remote interns as well as all preceptors for any discussions/consultation/problems solving.